Tuesday, November 9, 2010

To Do: Make cookies from scratch for the first time

Inspired by Jamie Oliver and the contents of my kitchen press, I decided today to make cookies. I followed Jamie's recipe from The Ministry of Food and this is what I did.
First I gathered my ingredients (above minus egg!):
 125g Butter
100g Caster Sugar
1 Large egg
100g Plain flour
25g Pinhead porridge oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 packets of white buttons :)

Method:
Mix butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until thick and creamy. I found this hard and put the bowl in the microwave for 10secs to help it along!
Beat egg seperately, then mix well with butter and sugar.



Seive flour into the mix along with oats, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth.
Here, I added my Buttons (quatered) and mixed in well.
As per Jamie's recipe, spoon mix onto cling film and roll into a sausage with diameter 7cm, and put into the freezer for 30 mins.


Preheat oven to 190deg.
When the 30 mins freezer time is up, unroll and cut 1cm slices of the sausage. Place faaaaaaar apart from each other on 2 baking trays and bake for 10-12 mins until a golden brown on the edge. Leave to cool for  five minutes and then keave for a further ten on a wire rack.

Et Voila! The finished product. They may look like slices of bread but they taste like little pieces of yumminess.

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy, well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! They are delish, the pinhead porrigde make them really crunchy and the buttons just make them even nicer.
    You're the first to comment on anything I've written :)

    ReplyDelete